Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lovely light

I've been writing a lot.

I'm writing at least one poem for or about everyone I care about. It's going to take a while, since I care about quite a few people.

It's not as if the people I care about more will get more poems. It's just if inspiration strikes more than once, I'll write that person more than one.

Then, I want to put them all into a book and let them all read it.

I think it's a cool idea now, but, we'll see how it actually works out. I care about a whole lot of people.


My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!
by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I have loved this poem ever since I stumbled upon it about two years ago.

It makes me think.

No comments:

Post a Comment