Saturday, April 18, 2009

BEDA Buddies

This is a shout out to my new BEDA Buddies: Jacquelyn, Ami, and Becky! Holla atcha boi!!

Am I not gangster enough for that?

Oh, well.

Last night, opening night was fantastic! Almost no one messed up their lines at all. Mostly, when things did mess up we did our best to cover it. I heard the audience cheer and laugh a lot, which is always good.

There was one glitch.

About a quarter way through the show, the curtain jammed completely. It took at fifteen to twenty minutes to get it working again, and that was after dragging out a huge ladder and sending our chorus director up to the top of the curtain to unjam it.

One of our cast members is a graduate of our school who came back to play the part when we didn't get enough guys to sign up. When he found out the curtain was jammed, he went to the chorus room and cracked open some iced tea, offering it to anyone who wasn't helping with the curtain.

I had a lot of fun the entire time. I barely stressed over anything (except for the fact that no one would leave me alone about my pants. So I'm wearing jeans. Can't do anything about it as I am waiting to go onstage, can I?)

Our lead senior did a fantastic job and so did all of the sisters. (ELENA: My sister specifically made a comment about what a great job you did. I didn't even have to bring you up for her to say that the young Amy did awesome!)

After the show, I mingled with the audience in my costume and got a billion hugs and "Great jobs!" which made me feel great. I love that my friends showed up.

I'm really glad I get to do this for two more nights. I almost don't want it to end.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of people at the end of a show. When everyone just tells you how great you did. I simply love it.

    ReplyDelete