Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Hero

And to your left, you will observe my hero, John green, "angelically lit and ambiguously gendered." His hair isn't as blond anymore and he's not as into wearing dresses.

He wrote some pretty fantastic books called Looking for Alaska, An Abundance of Katherines, and Paper Towns. I love all three books and the characters in them dearly.

John Green inspires me as a writer and as a person. He makes me want to write great books, go great places, and do great things when I read his work or watch him travel on YouTube or hear about him donating to charity.

When I look at this picture on the left, it never ceases to amaze me that that little tiny man grew up to be a person I want to be. You know. Minus the penis.

I told him that. That I wanted to be exactly what he was. He called me awesome. Which basically made my life about a thousand times over. I told him that he restored my faith in humanity. He laughed and signed my book and told me that Nerdfighters did the same thing for him, so I technically did the same thing for him. Again, this statement made my life a thousand times over.

On YouTube, John and his brother Hank have a channel. Search 'vlogbrothers'

If you don't know what a Nerdfighter is, go here: www.nerdfighters.com


Left to Right: Hank Green, Julia Bydulia, John Green

Can you see that magic sparkle in my eyes?

1 comment: