Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lights, Camera...Action!

Tomorrow is the first night of Little Women, the musical my school is putting on.

If you have never heard of Little Women the musical (like I hadn't when my chorus director announced we would perform it) and you doubt that a musical about a book written about Louisa May Alcott can be entertaining and awesome, YOU ARE WRONG.

Some may say I am biased because I am in the musical, but, I honestly do not think it is true. The songs are awesome, the characters are charming...I love this musical. And the fabulous cast we have.

Standing backstage in the dark--this is going to sound weird, but, I always feel sort of like the wings are a great big womb, and the auditorium is the cast's collective mother, and as we step onstage each of us is reborn into our role. It's an amazing feeling to step on stage and have people hear you and see you and watch you. Even if it's just your friends laughing at a face you make before you get ready to rehearse, or a certain boy you love the most in the whole world sitting in the pit watching you practice and dance. I love being on stage.

1 comment:

  1. That so strange for the fact that the guy I love isn't in the pit, but right next to me backstage.

    But thinking now I won't see him again after the show... I'll miss him. He's like a part of my happiness, I think seeing him smirking back at me is beautiful. I'll feel sorta lost with out his comments.

    ReplyDelete