Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Cube

As you are sitting and reading this, my loyal followers, I want you to follow my instructions. This works better in person, but, I don't really want to track you all down and make each of you do it in person.

It's called The Cube.

Keep in mind that there are no right or wrong answers.

Also keep in mind that this is ripped off of nerimon's (Alex Day) video. If you'd rather watch someone tell and explain it in almost the same words I am about to, then watch this instead.



First, I want you to picture a desert landscape. Just a desert, it doesn't really matter about the specifics.

Then, you have to picture a cube. It can be any size, any shape, any color. How it moves, if it moves, what it's made of. It doesn't matter, just picture a cube on the desert landscape that's already in your mind.

Third, visualize a ladder. Picture where it is in relation to the cube, how big the ladder is, and things like that.

Fourth, picture a horse. Any size, any color, where it is in relation to the cube and things like that.

Fifth, there is a storm. Picture where it is and stuff.

(Can you tell I am getting lazy as I am going on and typing this?)

Finally, there are some flowers. Picture what kind of flower and what color and things like that, like you have done for everything else.

As you could have guessed, all of these things are symbolic. Do not read on from here if you haven't done it, because you'll never be able to do it once you know what it means. Alright? Alright, moving on.










The Cube is supposed to represent you.

The Ladder represents friends.

The Horse is a lover or someone that you love.

The Storm represents trouble.

The Flowers are supposed to be children.


My cube was a really dark purple color and it was floating in midair in the center of the landscape.

My ladder was one of those older-type wooden ladders and it was standing up on its own, to the right of the cube.

My horse was to the left and closer to the foreground. It was white and stood stationary.

My storm was not present in the landscape at all. It was far away and could not be seen.

My flowers were small and red with yellow centers. They were in a small garden box to the right of the horse.


If you do decide to do this exercise, tell me with a comment what your landscape ended up looking like.

1 comment: