Monday, April 6, 2009

Hour Glass

I don't think that it's the fact that life works like an hour glass that upsets people. I think that it's really the fact we can't tell how fast the grains of sand move or how big the glass is. Don't keep on trying to picture the hour glass. It'll do you no good. The grains of sand in that glass aren't what matter. It's not even the speed at which they travel we should focus on.

When we start focusing on how short life can be- or even how long- I don't think that we should think that it is too short to try, or not long enough to care about anything long term. Instead, I think that we should embrace the time that we do have, whether we are 15 or whether we are 85. We should find the people or the things that we love and take care of them for as long as we can. The thing that matters isn't really how long our life is, because we don't get to decide that, but, what we do get to decide is what we do with the time we have.

I am starting to sound mighty cheesy right about now, so, maybe I'll stop ranting about cliches. The point I'm trying to make is that, just because we may not get an eternity to spend on earth (or any other planet) does not mean it's not worth it to use the time we do have wisely.

It's not even about doing something big or grand or always having some wonderful reason to be happy. It's about taking all the small things, that you do for yourself or that are done for you, and stringing them together so that you can remember 'Oh yeah. This is what I'm here for. This is what it's all about.' Then, maybe, those nice little things won't always seem so little and we can always make the time we have worth it for everyone here.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...that was pretty epic...and deep...I wish my posts were as insightful as yours is! Good Job!
    *Chelle*

    ReplyDelete