Saturday, August 1, 2009

8/100 Blogs in 100 Days

Today's Topic: Kristen Stewart Is A Horrible Role Model

What a surprise, right?

So far, I have heard stories (and seen the photographic proof) of her smoking pot and drinking. She is 19 years old. Last time I checked, that's underage.

She has so many little tween girls looking up to her because she plays Bella Swan- which is bad enough, mind you- and now she thinks it's cool to show them herself drinking and smoking pot? These girls are young and impressionable. I'm not saying that all of them are stupid enough to do things just because she does. But, come on. Some of them are stupid enough to buy a perfume for around $50 bucks to try to smell like Bella! They want to smell like a fictional girl who attracts vampires. What a genius strategy.

I know I'm not the first person to say any of this, but, it still pisses me off, so I'm saying it. What the hell is wrong with Kristen Stewart? And it's not as if she doesn't let it affect her. I've been saying since the first Twilight movie came out that she looks stoned in every interview she does. So, how long has this been going on?

Since her main role is to portray a girl in an abusive relationship (a relationship that is now the model for tween girls everywhere) who stays there and likes it, I think that outside of the movies she should at least make an attempt to tell girls to do the right thing. Don't do drugs and drink when you're 19, little girlies.

Why are girls like this our societies role models?

Now, Paige Railstone. Have you heard of her? She is the girl that people should be paying attention to. She's no angel, but, at least she's got talent. Unlike some people, who only have a talent for getting caught rolling joints.

3 comments:

  1. Because she is fucking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree on this post, on both accounts of Kristen Stuart and Paige Railstone. Overexposed and underexposed, respectively. :)

    ReplyDelete