Thursday, July 16, 2009

Lots of Pictures

Often times, being a 14-year-old (soon to be 15) girl, I can gain crushes on a variety of actors or musicians or just plain guys. It's sort of a gift/curse deal, which most people reading this (I don't expect many guys except Hunter, and he probably experiences the same thing with females) understand.

What doesn't normally happen is me getting crushes on guys from fandoms I don't even follow. (See: Zachary Quinto or Chris Pine. I don't watch Heroes and I didn't see the Star Trek movie.)

Lately, I am overwhelmed with crushes on the most random guys. I think that this is mostly due to tumblr. I follow 269 people, many of them from many different fandoms, so I see a lot of different people on my dashboard everyday.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a good example.
If you asked me to name something I have seen him in and loved off the top of my head, I couldn't.

I've been thinking about him more and more since the main character of When it Happens (a book a wonderful friend of mine let me borrow) mentioned that she had a crush on him and said she was dating him. "Dating," of course, the same way I am "dating" Remus Lupin.

This one started innocently. I had a total girl crush (which is a subject that I will be getting to) on his sister Maggie and when I looked for pictures of her, I found a bunch of them together that were really cute.

But, come on. Does this really need that much of an explanation? Look at him! He is the perfect example of the dark-hair-sweet-eyes combo that I have always loved so much. I haven't found a picture or video of him yet that has given me second thoughts. Does it get any better than that?

Or take, as I said, Zachary Quinto and Chris Pine. I haven't seen them in anything prominent either.

Yet, I find myself instantly drawn to any pictures or videos of them I see. Suddenly, I want to see the Star Trek movie and hunt down old TV shows (like Lizzie McGuire, cello) that Zach was on before he hit it big with Sylar (see? I know his character name!) on Heroes.

Don't get me wrong, though. Nothing could make me watch Heroes. SHAZZAM. I'm just kidding of course. Heroes is a perfectly acceptable TV program. I just don't watch it, that's all.

Seth Meyers. Good lord, the list goes on.
He has a beautiful smile and look at those dimples!I have always loved Weekend Update, but, after Amy left I was sort of "eh" about it.

Then, I took a second look at this hot slice of a goose and changed my mind.

He doesn't make the jokes any funnier. They were always funny, anyway. Still, a face like that can make the bad ones go down easier, right?

He's the head writer on SNL for goodness sakes. You'll see later in the list that that might be kind of a trend.

Like, with Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer.
Andy, too. The three of them make for one awesome combination of hilarity, genius, and hotness.

Take this picture for an example. There are a billion others, but, this is the most recent I have fallen in love with.

Jorma has such a sweet smile! So does Andy. Here he just looks silly, though.

Akiva is my favorite. I think everyone here (ie, the two people who read this regularly) are going to notice this: I love nerds. Regardless of a guy's looks, if he is nerdy there is a good chance that if I get to know him, I will like him more than other people.

With Akiva, the cuteness helps things along. I love his glasses.

This is why these guys showed up so much on my YouTube ritual blog post. They are such studs! Nerdy, adorable, funny, silly studs.

Silliness is a key factor to me liking someone, as a friend or otherwise. You have to be able to be silly and appreciate its art.

With these three, it's not as much a random event, but, I count it because I didn't really like Jorm as much until I started following a Jorm blog on tumblr.

Having nothing to do with random crushes is: Michael Showalter.
God, I love this man.

I watched his new show (with Michael Ian Black) premiere last night, and I laughed out loud almost the entire time. It was so awesome.


























I love how the two of them play off each other. It's just so perfect. I've loved it since I started watching Stella (both the standup and the TV show.) I went to see them live and it was amazing. David Wain is great, too. He directed one of my favorite movies, Role Models and is hilarious himself. He and Black were both in Michael Showalter's movie The Baxter. I love seeing them all work together.

The three of them were also in a comedy show on MTV called The State that came out on DVD today. My mom had been waiting for it for ages and I had never seen it so we sat down and watched about a disc and a half yesterday.

All I have to say is, if you ever get the chance to watch The State, do it. You won't regret it.

And if you do, you and I probably wouldn't get along.

:D

So, those are some of the most crushes at the moment. There are so many more. That's the great thing about crushes: You don't have to stay commited to one like a boyfriend or anything.

I will probably blog about my girl crushes later, in a separate post. That's a whole other arena.

4 comments:

  1. I love most of them too!
    I also have a thing for nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of them in a non-gay way. Except Seth Myers. I love him in a gay way. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, Did you here that Kristen Wiig, the most awesome person ever, EVER, is co-hosting Weekend Update this year! I love Lourne Michaels.

    ReplyDelete