Saturday, July 25, 2009

1/100 Blogs in 100 Days

Starting today, I am going to write a blog post a day for 100 days. I will call this project 100 Blogs in 100 Days. Inspired by Michael Showalter's (as most things are these days) failed attempt on his myspace blog, I think that I will do a better job. At least I'll last more than, like, 1o days.

I think that this will be good for me. It will make me flex my creative writing muscle more than I usually do, because, despite some people's popular beliefs, blogging does take some serious thought. If you keep a blog, you know what I mean.

Today, I volunteered at the library. I've been trying to pick up more hours (at my mother's request) so I volunteered on Thursday as well. On Thursday, I was in the children's section, but, today I was in the adult/young adult portion of the library. I ran off some copies, shredded some paper, and reshelved some books.

There was another volunteer working on putting books back on the shelves from a separate cart from mine. He sported a red tshirt, cargo shorts, sneakers, a dark colored beard, and thin framed glasses. I had seen him working on another Saturday, probably a month ago. Then, he was wearing an awesome Star Wars tshirt. Of course, this means I love him.

So, we both ended up reshelving adult fiction at the same time. I had to hide in the Ss while I waited for him to finish in the Hs before I felt comfortable enough to approach those shelves. We finished the hardcovers at the same time and moved onto books on tape. It's not as if I have a crush on him or anything, but, it was interesting to navigate the small sections of the library while we were forced to share them.

Today was one of the best days for volunteering, definitely. Only one person asked me a question, which has to be a record, and it was not crowded at all. Those are my favorite days.

Now, I am kicking back with a salad and some meatless ziti and listening to my mom read aloud from a book about the filmography of Frank Sinatra. It's interesting to listen to her talk to my stepdad about movies. They know so much. They throw names back and forth like they are playing tennis (and my stepdad even throws in the violent gesticulations to boot.)

One blog down, ninety-nine to go.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck.

    P.S. I love The Hangover. And Orphan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard The Orphan sucked. It's good?

    Also, The Hangover is the best thing to happen to comedy. Ever. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I freaking loved it. The twist, although I guessed it, was pulled excellently.

    P.S.S. I'm not supposed to be withen 200 feet of a school. Or Chuck E. Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to see The Jonas Brothers?

    ReplyDelete