Monday, July 27, 2009

3/100 Blogs in 100 Days

Today was sunburn, picnicking, and aching feet. Today was swimming, sliding, and friendship.

Last night, I spent the night at Kiri's house and I spent today with her family at a water park. I am bright red all over my shoulders, back, and face. Kiri's mom noticed my tomato red face, my stepdad saw it first thing. I always get severely burnt whenever I spend the day in a bathing suit. I never ever tan. I'm either so pale I might as well be transparent or red to the point of being impossible to miss.

I had to borrow a swimsuit from Kiri. Or, rather, she was gracious enough to lend me one. I never wear any bathing suit with two pieces, but, it's not as if I have anything against them, so I wore a tankini type thing with a skirt bottom and a striped top. Of course, there were enough girls in bikinis to make me look down at myself and doubt my own appearance. But, I figure if they are allowed to walk around with only the bare essentials on, I'm allowed to walk around with a perfectly decent tank and skirt combo.

It's ridiculous to feel insecure just because other girls are smaller or bigger or wider or thinner. Your body is your own and you should embrace it. "Beach/Bikini Season" shouldn't change that.

Nothing much to say about the day itself other than the fact that it was fantastic and I'm glad I went. Everyone was perfectly kind and funny. I had a lot of fun spending time with Kiri both last night and today.

The only thing I might have changed is the sensation that I am now wrapped up in a blanket of hot coals due to this scorching sunburn.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about bathing suits.
    I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind them. If you know what I mean. I saw the Hangover again today.

    ReplyDelete