Sunday, May 3, 2009

Besties 4 Life

Does it seem like I am desperate to be back in elementary school when I start to make friendship bracelets?

Oh, well. I guess I am kind of desperate to be back in elementary school.

I remember stealing composition paper to use for passing notes and writing stories. I remember skipping silent reading at the end of the day to make random art projects in the art room with the cute art teacher. I remember the drama that was so third grade and the girls who loved to add gas to the fire. I remember most of my teachers (especially the ones who have forgotten me). I remember the playground, where kids would fight for a spot on the swing set.

So, I guess I am a little bit sick of high school. But what kid hasn't felt that way every once in a while?

I'll just go back to making my silly little friendship bracelets and hoping that my friends don't laugh at me when I give them to everyone tomorrow at school.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my you sound like me!

    I was going through one of those lovely trips down memory lane.

    I miss the days when the biggest drama was when someone didn't share. I miss all the excitement of telling my crush that I liked him, before the times of "Damn girl you're hott!" back when it was "I uuuhhh like your shoes."

    It's ironic back then I was rushing to grow up and now I'm grown and I have nothing else to do. *sigh*

    I miss being called dumb names like "Mikayla Marshmellow" or "Shortie". Now I get creepy comments like "Smexi" or "Hottie", all that makes me want to say is... YUCK!

    All there is left to say is... Good times, good times...

    ReplyDelete